Monday, July 11, 2016

CELEBRITY GUEST - UFUOMA ( GOSPEL ARTIST)

Hey guys,

Welcome! Today I will be sharing with you my interview with another celeb. This time our celeb is one of Nigeria most talented Gospel Artist of our time.

Some of you may have heard of her or even had a chance to be ministered to by her. 
She is no one other than the Amazing Ufuoma.

Now, for those of you who haven't heard of the talented artist, don't worry we've got you covered.
So without further ado, here is the interview we had with Ufuoma

Real Gentlehawk: Please can you introduce yourself, especially to our readers  who doesn't really know you. Also can you tell us a bit about what growing up was like for you? 

Ufuoma: I was born in Lagos -  Nigeria but hail from Ughelli North in Delta state, south-south Nigeria. The fifth of twelve children. My growing up was pretty strict cos my dad was very strict. My father is late Pastor F.A. Onofeghara,  an Elder in RCCG and a Professor  at University of Port –harcourt, he thought us God’s word everyday and my mother is late Mrs B. D. Onofeghara who was a principal at UDSS University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. I am currently studying  B.A. English in Open university Nigeria.
I am a Gospel artist and a song writer. My debut four track E.P“Your Love” was recorded and mixed in Nigeria in 2015. Its been described as a blessing, with the hit track “ Your love”, a soft rock tune,  is ministering to people around the world. My latest work which is a new single “Yeshua”, will hit the airwaves on the 16th of July 2016 and am super excited about this single.



Real Gentlehawk:  Can you tell us how you came about doing what you do? How long have you been doing this? 

Ufuoma: I started singing early in church choirs especially in primary and secondary school. I was also brought up to love music by my music loving parents. In fact my dad wrote lots of songs for a group he formed called “The Redeemed Family Voices” and most time, he took me along for programs to minister.
I was inspired early by Yolanda Adams, I would watch all of her performances and try to sing like her. 
But as time passed i began to yearn for more because  I felt there was more to music and wanted more. So when my relationship with the Holy Spirit became more intimate and I discovered and understood that music is a tool one can use to tell a story and from this story - a person’s spirit can be delivered, lifted and even healed. And that was how a ministry was born, I heard the word expressly from the Holy Spirit to go and use this gift to bless lives, change men and women, He said, go and testify in worship and the rest is history .
I'm called to worship, music that minister to God and bless His people. My aggressive  singing style has ushered many, - in concerts, crusades and churches-, into the presence of God.



Real Gentlehawk: Do you play any instrument? If no, if you had a choice to choose, which?
Ufuoma: I play the keyboard for myself when I want to write music. I also learning to play the guitar.

Real Gentlehawk:  Any favorite musician/artist? 
Ufuoma:  Oh yes! Though I love different genre of music and different artists, so there are a lot of artists I look up to. Artists such as Jill Scot, Sinach, Marvin Sapp, Yolanda Adams, Shirley Caesar, Plumb, Adele, Bob Marley, Whitney Houston and Ella Fitzgerald. All these artists have helped me be a better artist. And oh, by the way, I'm a Jazz lover.

Real Gentlehawk: Any embarrassing moment in your career so far?

Ufuoma: Hahaha! Yes o, the embarrassing moment that I will always remember was when I was to take the lead of a song. Asu Ekiye, was the music director, by the way, I actually forced myself into the program. After all the rehearsals, on the day of the concert when I was given the mic and after playing the intro, my voice ceased, I just couldn't bring out any sound. When it finally came out, it cracked and sounded horrible. It was so embarrassing that I wish the floor could just open and swallow me. Horrible! *laughs*



Real Gentlehawk: What is a perfect day like for you?

Ufuoma: A perfect day for me is to wake up at home, to hubby and my beautiful children. Can't trade that.

Real Gentlehawk: How will your friends describe you.

Ufuoma: Well I don't have so many friends cos I'm so poor at staying in touch but I've repented (meaning I'm trying to change). They will say, I love to say my mind and I hate to be taken for granted. Top most they will say I hate pride and love humility...


Real Gentlehawk: Can you talk about people or books you have read that have inspired you to embark on your career path / profession?

Ufuoma: I would say two people, Spiritually - the Holy spirit changed my life, He is my best and closest friend and buddy. Musically - Yolanda Adams affected, I started expressing myself a lot better after watching her. My best book is the bible, yes it truly is. And also Joseph Prince and Joyce Meyers books, I love them. I love all their books I've read so far. They have helped my mind and taught me about grace and God’s love and how to follow God’s plan for my life.



Real Gentlehawk: So what advice will you give to your younger self?

Ufuoma: Pursue your dream early, stop procrastinating. Do it now, don't allow people define you. Follow what you are passionate about.

Real Gentlehawk:  Any last words/advice?

Ufuoma: My last word of advice is to check yourself, where do people appreciate you the most, think about it. When you get to know, stay there cos that's your strength. Develop it, study it, don't look down on it, stir it. Forget negative people, and always have people that believe in you, around you. Don't ever give up.

So there you have it, another wonderful Nigerian doing her thing, influencing and impacting lives by just being true and real! 

Yet another time when I get to hijack a celebrity for you guys, remain real and true to yourself.
Don't be a cheaper version of your original.
I will like to hear from you, so send me your comments, suggestions or even let me know which celeb you want interviewed and what questions you want asked. And we will move mountains to try to get them for you.

Peace out!
Real Gentlehawk 


    

No comments: