Thursday, November 21, 2013

I REALLY NEED TO BE NAKED WITH YOU, PLEASE!

Now that I have your attention, maybe you guys can help me out here.

I have been pondering on this specific issue for a while now and i feel in my gusts that I am not alone on this.

The thing is that everywhere and everything you go or/and do in this world, perception seem to be a major factor, if not the very thing, people use in accessing who or what you are.
Ever heard of first impression last! Yep, that's it. 

So I ask is perception always right, or it is just a limiting factor, people need to get pass in order to see the real thing?

This 'Perception' thing is so major that every, if not all, organization channel a lot of energy and fund towards it. It is so huge that people have allowed this control their personal lives as well. Why, won't it? People run organization, don't they?

Anyways, the very issue i have with this 'Perception' thing is that, it has made it so difficult for people to distinguish between the 'REAL' and 'the FAKE', if you know what I mean.



Okay, let me break it down. Because people are been judged by perception, people generally work on themselves (even organizations are guilty of this) to be something or someone else as oppose to what or who they truly are. 

Please don't get me wrong, perception is a good thing - if not the Branding industry and the likes will not be doing so well but I'm not going to get into that today. Perception is really understanding who you really are than who someone else is. Don't know if you get my drift?

What I really want to understand is, why is something so good, be so wrong? 

The concept of perception is something I do not totally agree with, well for one, first impression is not always right and because it worked in one doesn't necessarily mean it will work for another. That is to say, 'What is good for the goose may not always good for the gander'. Sometimes, what we perceive may just be limited by our knowledge and understanding of that thing or that someone. 
So why based your conclusion on what you perceive only once or twice even besides, what makes you think your perception is right anyway?




I guess what I am trying to say is that the concept of perception has made us so judgemental that people are forgetting to be who they truly are. In order words, 'fake-ness' (lack of a better word) is the order of the day. Fake relationship, marriages, lives, parts of the body. Every one prefers to be a cheap replica of themselves.



So, Why can't I get naked with you? I want to reap off all the fake masks I'm wearing and be my real self. I don't want to be a stereotype, I just want to be me. Breathing the fresh air of being myself means freedom, happiness and longevity.

Conversely, Life is too short and complicated to play someone else or worse be someone else because someone says so, don't you think?
 
If you go back to one of my blogs titled 'A CRY FOR HELP' though it was about my favourite artist, Whitney Houston, you will discover that this perception thing has gone a little too far.

Pressure to be perfect in an imperfect world, how ironic is that. If truth be told people want to be free, they want to let lose and most importantly they want to be naked when it matters, which is, most of the time, if you ask me.

Perception without judgement, results in people airing their opinions without the fear of been reprimanded thus making them true to themselves and their environment at large. 

So I ask again, may I get nake with you? 

So real and so true
Real Gentlehawk.

No comments: