Wednesday, March 23, 2016

GUEST CELEBRITY - BRUNO OAIKHINAN ( BRUNO'S PLACE)

Hi guys,

Awhile ago, I promised to conduct once in awhile interviews with some celebrities who have and are impacting their industries and our beloved country for my blog.  
Nigerians, young and old,who are worthy of celebrating and not mediocrity. Real and true people whose words of wisdom should be valued because they overcame all odds doing what they do.
The first celebrity I had the pleasure of interviewing was the amazing UTI NWACHUKWU, a pleasure if I may add.

Without further ado, I present to you a wonderful young entrepreneur, who I have personally had the pleasure of learning a lot from. The prominent Banker turned Hairstylist! Mr. BRUNO OAIKHINAN of Bruno's Place.



But before I start, may I say,  if there be any question(s) or better still, you have any question you would want us to ask any of our celeb, please feel free to send in your questions. You can send them through our Facebook platform: www.facebook.com/RealGentlehawk or via Twitter: @gentlehawk or via Blog:  http://gentlehawk-real4u.blogspot.com

Be sure, we will get the answer(s) for you.

So enjoy!

A. Please can you give us a brief introduction of yourself. 

My name is Bruno Oaikhinan. I'm a banker turned hairstylist.
The CEO, Bruno's Place Unisex Salon located in the two largest malls in Nigeria- Ikeja City Mall, Lagos and Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja.

1. Can you tell us a bit about what growing up was like for you?

Growing up was cool, my parents were there for me. They sent me to school, encouraged me to go to church and monitored my social life as a child.

2. Can you talk about that one defining moment when you knew you wanted to be whom you are today?

 It started with knowing the true meaning of my name and discovering my purpose in life. My name is Bruno which means brown. Some people with brown dogs name them Bruno. I used to get offended when people say my name is a dog's name until when I discovered that when you flip the name dog, it gives you a god. That is who I am, a god created in the image and likeness of the Almighty God. That's why when I was asked to resign from the bank, I did not bark at them like a dog but took it as a god. Today, I'm an employer of labour with over 55 staff to date. The case of the stone, the builders rejected now the chief cornerstone.

3. What projects you are currently working on?

I just opened a branch in the largest mall in Nigeria, Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja. I'm presently working to establish the branch.



4. Can you talk about books you have read that have inspired you to embark on your career path / profession?

One book I can confidently tell that I have read is the Bible. I derive inspiration from the Holy book.

5. What challenges have you had to face in your chosen career?

One major challenge is getting right staff but I have overcome that by training fresh people and engaging them.

6. What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made in your life and how have you overcome it?

I can't remember any one now but for me every mistakes has been turned into blessings.

7. What keeps you motivated?

People's stories motivate me a lot. Your story is not just what happened to you but what you make out of what happened to you. Two of my colleagues were asked to resign and they died because they could not handle it. But look at me today, I'm a living testimony giving beauty and hope to my world.



8. What do you do when not working?

I Facebook, watch YouTube videos.

9. Who is your celebrity crush?

I don't have any for now. Still looking for. Lol!

10. What advice would you give to today’s youth?

 They should find a purpose for living, look for the right platform to express it, build their personal brand or their stories to sell their purpose and be passionate about what they do.

Well folks, there you have it...from our Banker turned Hairstylist, Mr. Bruno
Till I bring you another amazing celeb, a little word of advice...from Daniel Webster
       
                       "There is always room at the top"

Your Gal, peace!
 Real Gentlehawk 


No comments: