Tuesday, August 14, 2012

LIFE! OH LIFE!!

You know every time i open my blog page, i lose my inspiration to write and i have come to realize that my inspiration, like my heart, has a mind of its own. It usually show up in the weirdest places, like when i am in the shower, or doing my business(don't pretend you don't know what i'm talking about), or cooking, or even at the peak of work day or like this story i'm about to tell you, while driving. 



 It is amazing how thoughts just keep streaming out of my head but i don't have the chance or time to put it down. 
However, just like one of TED speakers who once told that inspiration "thing" to behave and yelled back at it "Can't it see i am driving, come back when we are both not busy". 
It may sound hilarious but it kinda true. Anyways, this very day while driving to work, which i do a lot and not that i enjoy it. In this part of my world, transport systems sucks. So having a car is no luxury like most people think, in fact if i had a better option i would go for it.
Though sometimes it could be interesting, but many atimes it is pure madness, just like this very day that i was almost ran over by another road user. The guy was such in a hurry that it didn't matter who got hurt as long as he gets to where he was going. 



At first i felt angry at him, for putting me and others in danger because of his craziness, then after a moment or two, i felt nothing.......and then i felt pity for him. If only he know, understand and accepted the fact of Life, he won't be in such a hurry. 

 The driver or my co-road user, doesn't seem to understand that both of us aren't going to the same destination and that competing with me or anyone else on the road for that matter doesn't make sense.I have my destination and he has his. Even if he gets there (his destination) first it doesn't really matter because it is not my destination and i am not planning to go to his destination. And because I have my destination, i will get there at my own time. 

The fact that we are both using the same route doesn't imply that we are meant to be heading in the same destination. Been ahead of me doesn't necessarily mean that i would or can't overtake him too. Truth be told, many of us drive our lives just the same way. 



We are in a habit of living our lives based on someone else's. We all are created for a particular destination, our timing will therefore be different. Because you got to your destination before me doesn't mean I won't get to mine at my own time. 

Like my kid sister use to say, 'In life, there is always room for latecomers'.

So why not enjoy the now as we drive through our lives. And don't be in such hurry in getting to the destination that you miss out in the beauty, the warmth, the growth and peace that's all around us. Just like driving, people forget to take cognizance of the fact that we get to do this only once because scenery change, situation change no matter how many times we drive through that route it is never ever the same process. 

So why not enjoy your now on the way to where you are going. 

Be True and Real.
Real Gentlehawk

1 comment:

Taiwo said...

We are so in hurry in this life that we forget the purpose of been here "earth".You can be ahead of me,but you can never take my destiny.Thanks for this write up.We need more of it.