Thursday, September 1, 2016

CHASING YOUR DREAMS!

When the world turns its back, You don't give up!
Don't worry, I ain't Pumba, who turns its back. Lol 😄😄😄
Hey guys,
You see, lately I have been doing a lot of things that I love. Just picked up gardening too. It is very relaxing and fulfilling. The beauty that comes from ones labour is unfathomable. 
The thing is I wanted a dog but with all I have going on, I was advised against it. At least not for now. So anyway, this gardening stuff has been so helpful. Started about 6 months ago with a friend of mine who also has a garden. In fact she is a horticulturist. She's been doing it for a long time, so playfully I call her my consultant.
Anyway, my little garden is doing pretty well for a beginner, but after a while I noticed a specific plant withering. Didn't know why because I thought I was giving it the same attention I was giving others. The rest were blooming beautifully, just not this particular one.
Strangely , it is my favorite and therefore was heart broken. My friend, who is also my consultant told me to do a lot of things and if they don't work , I might have to uproot and replant that same specie again.Oh how it broke my heart, when she said that.



Anyway, to cut the long story short, I ended up doing exactly what I feared and that was uproot my favorite plant. But I am someone who doesn't give up easily on anything. Failure drives me nuts and so doing I keep trying and trying and trying again. I'm trying to figure out why I do that, still trying to....



I couldn't just let go of the plant and that, I told my consultant. Thinking I was just being stupid and stubborn, she let me be.
So I did what I know how to do best, NEVER GIVING UP, even when all hope look lost. I refuse to accept that the plant was totally dead. I decided to transfer it into a small pot, ensuring that all dead parts were removed. What I had left was a very tiny brownish looking plant. Throughout, I didn't give in to doubt but hoped that something miraculous would happen. And it did. 
Few days later, I noticed a little stem finding its way out from the soil, a new life had just started. The tiny brownish plant I had re-planted was beginning to look healthy. 
And till this very day,  that plant is the most beautiful plant in my garden, even my friend is surprised and jealous.



Moral of this story: Giving up isn't an option. Things may not be going the way you want doesn't mean it won't. Give it time. May all you need is to reorganize the way you are doing things. And starting over, doesn't mean you failed or you are a failure...NOPE!  On the contrary, it simply means you are smart and strong enough to know better.

Conviction goes a long way in chasing your dreams. You have to have personal conviction in order to chase your dreams, cos baby, you will meet people who will talk you down, people whom you love saying that you are crazy wasting your time chasing that dream. You've got to believe it, to want it! Even the universe won't have a choice than to fail in line to help you achieve your dream. 



Keeping at it set you apart from the rest! 
Trust me, you can do anything if you first believe. 

So get up and stay up, until your dreams become reality! The world is waiting.

Yours truly
Your gal, Real Gentlehawk! 

No comments: